Acceptable Use Policy
This AUP governs the use of SYShosting's web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and SYShosting regarding the interpretation of this AUP, SYShosting's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
Table of Contents
- Offensive Content
- Unaccepted Materials
- Bulk Commercial E-Mail
- Unsolicited E-Mail
- Material Protected by Copyright
- Copyright Infringement Notice
- Internet Abuse
You may not publish or transmit via SYSHosting’s service any content that SYShosting reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is defamatory or violates a person's privacy;
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person's trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to SYSHostingt
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against SYSHosting by offended viewers.
SYSHosting does not accept material such as:
- Adult content including nude pictures (whether legal or illegal)
- Hacker related sites
- Free web hosting, image hosting, file hosting sites
- Proxy Scripts / Anonymizers
- Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP), FOREX, Egold exchange and related sites
- Lottery and Gambling sites or services
- Autosurfing sites / Ad servers
- IP Scanners / Bruteforce Programs
- Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts
- Torrent related websites
- Hateful/Racist/Harassment oriented sites
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
- Audio/video streaming (You can link/embed audio/videos from other sites)
- Use of your shared/reseller hosting as Backup service (for your other sites or home computer) is not allowed.
- A cron job should not execute more frequently than once every 5 minutes
- You may not store copyrighted content that you are not authorized to use.
- Pirated Software, warez and related sites (Forum and Blogs linking to warez sites are not allowed)
Content "published or transmitted" via SYSHosting's service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by SYSHosting.
*.*SYSHosting can suspend/terminate service for any of the above reasons and it's at SYSHosting sole discretion to issue a refund
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
Any kind of bulk emailing is strictly prohibited with shared or reseller hosting. With Semi-Dedicated hosting you must obtain SYSHosting's advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to SYSHosting's reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient's consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient's and SYSHosting’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent - such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word "Remove" in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO" line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your SYSHosting service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your SYSHosting service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
SYSHosting may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your SYSHosting’s services.
You must comply with our Zero Tolerance Spam Policy (ZTSP).
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
SYSHosting will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
Copyright Infringement Notice
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the SYSHosting network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to:Email: email@example.com
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit SYSHosting to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit SYSHosting to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the SYSHosting network.
SYSHosting is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the SYSHosting network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to SYSHosting and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the SYSHosting network.
- Use of SYSHosting’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with SYSHosting’s other customers use of the network